WM is the market leader in cavity fill, strata consolidation and ventilation control devices for the Australian coal mining industry. We recruit and employ a diverse range of people with the common goal of making our company a success.
WHAT WE DO
Wilson Mining (WM) is an established mining services contractor that currently provides specialist ground support and ventilation products and services to customers in the NSW and QLD underground coal mining industry. Our key products are chemicals used for cavity fill and strata stabilisation and materials used to construct ventilation seals. We also do associated mining work.
We specialise in the recovery of longwall roof falls. We inject chemicals into the strata and up into roof cavities to enable longwall faces to safely return to normal operations.
WHERE WE WORK
Our 2 main offices are at Gateshead in Newcastle, NSW and in Mackay, QLD. We serve customers at a variety of underground coal mine sites in each of the major coal mining regions such as the Hunter Valley in NSW and the Bowen Basin in QLD.
We either work routinely at mine sites or on a campaign basis for emergency work where our work crews are deployed on demand. This gives our employees a wide range of exposure to different coal mines and operations.
WM has around 100 employees operating at sites across NSW and QLD. We provide comprehensive training programs for all our employees and can offer career development opportunities to supervisory or management roles.We are always on the lookout for new people to join our company who can demonstrate a safe working culture, have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
WM provides opportunities for professionals to work in the areas of WHS and training, quality assurance, the mechanical and workshop department and our commercial team. We work within the AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 system and provide exciting career opportunities within the fast paced mining industry.
With a focus on safety, professionalism, and individual development WM provides a positive team culture and career advancement.
Our Trainee Mineworker Program is leading the mining services sector to address the current skills shortage for technical operators.
WM employees participate in Safety Leadership training courses to reinforce the company’s commitment to safety.
WILSON MINING BENEFITS
WM appreciates that work is just one part of our employee’s busy lives and offers some exceptional benefits.
- Above award and industry standard pay rates and employee conditions;
- Operational employees are provided with accommodation plus meal and travel allowances when working outside their home district
- Access to salary sacrificing on cars, laptops, flights, rental support etc.
- Flexible access to leave entitlements such as cash out of annual and personal/carers leave,additional family leave available and the opportunity to purchase more annual leave
- Training and development for all including training provided onsite and through accredited RTO’s, internal mentoring, financial support towards external qualifications and access to study leave
- Flexible working arrangements are available
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program, including psychologist or counselling sessions, financial planning assistance, addiction support and health and fitness programs
- Great office environment with exceptional facilities in NSW and QLD including free onsite parking, showering amenities, lunch and fully stocked kitchen provided to all head office employees
- Ongoing and stable work is provided in both NSW and QLD via long term relationships and contracts WMS holds across the mining industry,